Doing the laundry can be a time-consuming task. You need to gather all the dirty clothes, load them into the washing machine, the dry them, fold them, and then distribute them throughout the house. It can be a particularly challenging task for working moms because, once they come home, they only have a few hours remaining in the day, and it can be difficult to squeeze in the entire process.
Fortunately, there are ways you can manage doing your laundry in an efficient way. Here are a few tips:
- Schedule your laundry. Each week, allocate a time when you can do the laundry for a few hours without compromising your work schedule. For instance, make Saturday a laundry day. This way, you can have a more relaxed chunk of time to do the laundry, and the kids can help.
- Invest in reliable machines. Even if you do have a good plan for how to do the laundry, if your machine is unreliable, it can still take an even longer time. There are machines these days that have energy-saving features and bigger load capacities.
- Have your family members help out. But, do not make it appear as an obligation, which will only turn them off. Instead, make it fun by creating a game during laundry, so everyone is enjoying what they do.
- Separate your laundry from the start. Do not make it hard for yourself to organize things once you are ready to do the laundry. Sort all your clothes and separate the whites from the colored ones ahead of time, so you can easy pick up a stack and go.
- Fold your clothes immediately. This will help avoid wrinkles and reduce your ironing time. You can fold your clothes while multi-task, such as when you’re watching TV or helping your kids do their homework.
Oklahoma City Real Estate