Doing the laundry is a chore that most of us love to hate. It is a time consuming task, never ending, and usually piles up quickly. However, there’s no way around it, so the question is, how do you make the task more manageable?
Here are some time-saving tips that will allow you to do your laundry faster:
- Pre-treat spots and stains. This should be done as soon as possible after they occur and should be washed within one week. There are several products available at the market that makes cleaning your clothing and spot-treating stains headache free. It is also more energy-efficient because you can wait until you have a full load to wash the clothes versus having to do a small load immediately.
- Prepare the clothes to be washed. A small amount of preparation up front can pay off in the long run. By sorting laundry into groups of colors, whites, hand washing only, and heavy duty washing, everything will be cleaned appropriately the first time. It will prevent you from having to deal with double washing certain items or ruining certain clothing that wasn’t washed appropriately.
- Make sure to check all pockets. You should empty all pockets in your clothing so you don’t accidentally wash paper bills, jewelry, important papers, etc. Not only will this prevent them from being ruined, but it will also prevent anything from damaging the inside of your machine.
- Choose high-efficiency products. They are designed to lessen color fading and bleeding while eliminating stains and odors. It is the best way to make sure clothes are done right the first time. They are usually more energy-efficient as well, so you will be making the process more eco-friendly.
- Always use a cold water rinse. Your clothes are going to be clean by the time the rinse cycle comes on, so there is no need to waste energy using warm water. Use cold water is also gentler on your clothes. Some higher-end washing machine models have thermostats that allow you to control how hot the water is during the various stages of the wash cycle.
Oklahoma City Real Estate