The garage floor is an area that often gets overlooked despite its need to up with lots of wear and tear. Your garage floor must endure many elements, such as water, road salt, ice, oil, and grease. Fortunately, however, there are ways to protect your garage floor.
Here are a few tips for keeping your garage floor looking clean and new:
- Epoxy coating. This has been tested and shown to be the most economical and functional way to protect your garage floor. It has resin that strongly binds to the concrete, giving a strong and durable finish that is usually resistant to both chemicals and stains. It is available in variety of finishes and endless array of colors.
- Mats. Mats that are made specifically for garage floors are another excellent way to protect your floor. They are made of stronger materials than common floor rugs that can last for a longer period of time. If oil or grease spills, the mat absorbs it, so it does not reach your floor.
- Polyurethane. This material offers the best protection against compound spills. It also gives a shiny finish to your floor. Just make sure you apply a primer coat first in order for it to stick to the concrete.
- Floor tiles. Tiles that are specifically made to be used in garages are another way to provide tough protection with little maintenance. They help insulate the floor, which reduces the dampness of the surface. PVC is the most preferred tile for garages, as it easily interlocks and is also stain resistant.
- Latex. This lesser expensive paint option can create a cool look on your garage floor and comes in a wide range of colors and patterns that resemble wood and other materials. It takes at least three days to fully dry once you have applied it.
Oklahoma City Real Estate