Bookshelves are one of the most useful pieces of furniture you can have. Bookshelves come in many different styles and sizes and can range from something small to fit in a nook to main focal points that go from floor-to-ceiling or wall-to-wall. Not only are bookshelves functional, but they also provide you a opportunity to decorate a room in personal and unique ways.
Here are several tips and ideas for how you can arrange your bookshelves in a creative and visually appealing way:
- Consider size when lining up your books, so you can organize them in an artistic manner. Arrange and stack your books in a way that makes your bookshelf a showcase and not just a storage spaces.
- Do not fill an entire shelf from one side to the other. There should be at least 10 percent of free space on any given shelf. In addition, do not place objects or other books on top of a row of books, as it looks cluttered and can damage the books.
- Decorate the bookshelf with a vase filled with flowers or a small house plant. This can be a great way to add some different colors to the area, while at the same time lightening up the space.
- Put some framed pictures on your bookshelf, whether they be photos of your friends and family or professional artistic photographs. Make sure to match the style of the frame to the style of the shelf and the room.
- Remember to keep it simple. Do not try to pack in every accessory on a shelf. Keep it clean by carrying your room’s color scheme through your bookshelf, which will give the room a sense of continuity. Storage boxes can also help you conceal items such as toys that you may not want to be seen out in the open.
Oklahoma City Real Estate