A kitchen wouldn’t be complete without kitchen utensils, such as knives, spoons, forks, plates, pots, and pans. They are what make a kitchen functional. Just because they are functional, however, does not mean they have to look unattractive. When storing things in your kitchen, do so in a way that adds a touch of elegance, organization, and cleanliness.
Here are some tricks you can use in order to increase the amount of storage space in your kitchen:
- Install a shelf. If you have free space on a wall, it is the perfect place to install a shelf. Installing a shelf will allow you to free up a lot of cabinet and drawer space and also give you the opportunity to decorate your kitchen.
- Kitchen island. You should consider installing a kitchen island if you have enough floor space in your kitchen. It not only gives you extra storage space, but it also gives you extra countertop space as well, which is helpful when it comes to preparing food or keeping frequently used appliances such as your coffee pot.
- Utilize the space behind doors. The vertical space behind doors can be an ideal source for kitchen storage. You can transform any door into a mini pantry by using a wide variety of easily customizable door organizers. They can offer storage for everything from canned food to trash bags.
- Plastic or glass containers. These can be extremely useful for storing individual food items and bulk items like rice, flour, cereal, and other dry goods. It makes everything tidier and more organized because the containers can be neatly stacked, thus eliminating the clutter of lots of bags and boxes.
- Pots and pans hanger. This is a huge space saver. It can be mounted on the wall or hang from the ceiling and allows you to hang your pots and pans by their handles to take advantage of floor space.
There are several things that you can do to greatly increase your kitchen storage space as long as you use your imagination and creativity.
Oklahoma City Real Estate